View Single Post
Old 15-02-2019, 22:56   #28
The Red Darreners

Re: The Sunderland match thread.

Ali was working so we couldn't go annoyingly so watched it in our local in Darwen. Agree with much of what has been written - but wonderfully proud of our football - we were easily the better team in the first 45 - Smyth a constant thorn in their side, oodles of swift, incisive passing, Second goal was magnificent. I'd armed myself at half-time with a large Laphraoig as I was expecting the Alamo and it duly arrived. In the end a point a piece was fair - certainly didn't feel devastating to lose a 2 goal lead this time. Hope it gives the boys the belief to rediscover their mojo at home and to make somre progress in the crucial next four home games. A word for Maxted who produced one terrific, unsighted save second half- as well as Hughes foresight in getting to the goalline for their free-kick toward the end. Must have been a fab game to watch for the neutral, and almost certainly won us a few more friends. Also thought the ref was half-decent also.

To cap a brill evening, turned out ex -Stanley legend Chris Turner was in the house celebrating half-term - we got a handshake and a hug - he is a delightful chap, I suspect a brilliant teacher (he's at Shuttleworth College) and meeting him topped off a brilliant night for us!!
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote