View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:28   #12
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Blackpool thread

Can't argue with the red in my opinion.
I'm sure Blackpool will face repercussions from the FA for the fans, but we should only worry about what we can control, and unfortunately Dimi made the wrong decision regardless.
If you're a player and you shove another player during a game, you'll probably get booked. Shove a fan and no doubt you will be having an early shower!

Apart from that incident - how badly are we missing Ross Sykes at the back!
Thought Harvey had a good game, Yozzer was sloppy which is very unlike him.
Callum caught out of position for cover for their first goal, think he was in two minds as a wing back.
Janoi is not a centre half full stop. Can't agree with Paul Lambert, he's strong and physical, definitely a full back in my view. Too many times Hughes was left 2 on 1 with their centre forwards.
Clicker aka Mr no end product (sorry 28!!) wasted another golden opportunity in front of goal. I love him, he has technical ability that wouldn't look out of place for a team at the top of the championship - but I can think of at least 5 opportunities he's had this year where it would have been easier to score than miss. Thought he played too central in first half, his natural instinct was to take the ball wide when a through ball to Armstrong would have been a better choice.

Armstrong was fantastic, ran himself into the ground, very strong on the ball and held it up well. Didn't rate him the other week in the Lancashire Senior Cup - happy to be proved wrong!!

Understand why people not happy Smyth didn't get a look in - personally I agree with Coley bringing Billy on but thought should of been sooner.
The amount of balls bobbling in the Blackpool box just needed a poachers instinct, and to peel off from the defender for crosses. Billy is a natural at that.

Saturday can't come quick enough.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote