View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 11:08   #15
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Blackpool thread

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1225078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

back to the substitute issue once again. didn,t they use 3 before billy finally come on and why not at least 15 minutes earlier. thought we might have seen smith on to replace sean who was on an early caution anyway and by replacing i do not mean with 5 minutes to go.
I'm in two minds over this.
On one side, especially as Blackpool had already made the 3 changes, I thought Coley could of made a few substitutes, changed our formation/style of play and made Blackpool adapt to us with what they had on the pitch. (e.g put all 3 sub strikers on, play 4 strikers on the pitch and see how there winger does playing centre half to cover haha - not that drastic but you get my gist!)

On the other hand, I agree with Coley about picking a team with the right players to do the job. It was a physical game - not suited to Smyth in my opinion. I'd of brought Billy on earlier and allowed Sean and Clicker to drift wide and stretch Blackpool. Personally I'd of started Scotty Brown and gone 4-1-4-1 and let the front 4 roam freely behind Armstrong.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote