View Single Post
Old 21-03-2019, 09:10   #2442
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I can’t see how anyone can absolve Theresa May from this debacle, she is the one the has been instrumental in negotiation’s for the deal that’s on offer, she is the one that has engineered this impasse by pursuing this despicable deal, she is the one that said Brexit means Brexit and we will leave on the 29th of March, she is the one that forced ministers who believed in Brexit to resign,
I do not agree with this at all.

Firstly, you cannot negotiate with any organisation that does not show any signs of negotiating skills....the EU do not want us to leave....they will lose a huge chink of money in contributions if we do leave....this black hole will have to be funded by the remaining countries.....so while they do not want us to leave....they have made NO effort to ensure that we stay(bullying, intimidating, humiliating our politicians does NOT count as effort.

Secondly, whoever had been in power would have had the same problems.
This is because the majority of MP's do not give a flying fig for what their electorate want.
They have their eye on the main prize....which is a healthy salary for being in what has become purely a 'talking shop'....they have become used to rubber stamping rules and edicts issued from the Brussels mob(who have even less interest in the population of this country than our MP's....well as long as we keep coughing up with the money.

Thirdly, much has been done by the media, big business et al to try to reverse the will of a democratic vote.

Accybeme, I respect your opinion, but if you really want to find someone to Blame, then you should be pointing the finger at John Major....he is the one who should have asked us if we wanted to be a parish of the United States of Europe....before he signed the Maastricht Treaty which took the UK into what was to become, NOT a trading organisation, but an organisation whose aim was to ensure closer political and economic union.

And come 2020....if we are not OUT then the brown stuff will hit the fan.
We will be dragged into the Schengen Zone, we will have to give up Sterling for the Euro(we have two years grace to do this) we will have to support a European Military force, all rulings from the European court of Justice will supersede any current UK laws....and much much more that I find untenable.

And if you have read all of that you deserve a putty medal.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote