View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 10:06   #2633
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

No there definitely is not any hope for your generation.
If I were you....I would look at getting myself out of this country....Canada....Australia....either of those would do for me.
I am too old now to flit.
Should've gone in 74.

I do not know how you can look forward to a country/civilisation that is bereft of democracy.
Whose people feel so let down by those who are supposed to represent them.

Now if your post has been misconstrued by me and you feel that you would fare better within the EU....I would urge you to look at the Barcelona treaty....the Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan....and lastly the final part of the Lisbon Treaty(the treaties are legally binding documents by the way)
If we have not left by 2020, then we will be FORCED to adopt the Euro, there will be harmonisation of taxes, closer political union, the European Court of Justice will supersede any court in this land....there will be a European Army, we will be pushed into the Schengen Zone....and will be forced to accept unlimited freedom of movement.

None of this sits well with me.
Our Parliament will become little more than a parish council....rules will be handed down to us....we will have very little say in how these rules are passed because our voting weighting is currently only 8%....but will rise to....wait for it...12%.

So if this is what you want then....go for it!
I am sure you would be able to become naturalised in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and be part of the EU.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote