View Single Post
Old 27-05-2019, 11:11   #2805
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

In 1975 when we were last asked to vote on the EEC(as it was then) I voted NOT to join...because I reckoned it was going to morph into the beast it has become...when I mentioned this to my dad...he laughed his socks off and said I was daft(or words to that effect).
I accepted that my vote was in the minority amd have spent all this time waiting to be asked again.
We SHOULD have been asked before that poor PM John Major signed our sovereignty away at Maastricht...but we were not.

Like Cashy I have no qualms about those who voted to remain(but think they are a bit deluded...and certainly over the last three years I have not felt overjoyed by their insultsdid they learn at the knees of their EU masters?)...by them trying to tell me I am too dim to understand what is at stake...I know what is at stake if we do NOT leave.

I voted with my heart(because I am a patriot)...but also with my brain because I have not lost my power of thought, analysis or reasoning. I read a lot, I searched out information that would help me to decide.
It was not about racism, it was about taking charge of our own destiny...not accepting rules handed down by people who had no interest is seeing our country succeed.
I reasoned that when Michel Barnier and JCJuncker rubbed their hands and grinned...that this deal was not in our favour.
It does not take a genius to work that out

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-05-2019 at 11:13.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote