View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 14:22   #2944
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

This is an epic of a thread wander.
So I am going to try to get Back on topic.

I am glad that Boris has said there will be NO discussion unless the hated backstop is removed.
The crew over in Brussels are still saying that the backstop CANNOT be changed.....so it is looking like the WA agreement will not be ratified.

JRM was saying that the only way out of the impasse is for those Tories who have thwarted Brexit so far, should table a motion to revoke article 50.
He says that this will not happen for two reasons.....it would fail to get the votes and those Tories who do not want to leave do not have the guts to do this.

The only other way is to bring a vote of 'no confidence' and bring down the government.
Right now I do not know how that would go down.
On the first day of his premiership the mood in Parliament seemed to have lightened considerably....with an air of optimism that has been absent for the last three years.

I really, really, DO hope that Boris succeeds in getting us out....not with a rehashed version of the TM withdrawal agreement....but with something better...but failing that, leave by default...which is what we should already have done.
No extensions....these cost us £1billiom quid each month we stay captured....so it is lucrative for Brussels to give us yet more extensions.

I want to be OUT....right OUT!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote