View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 10:09   #27
taddy

Re: woodnook sec school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
oh there are a lot of names there that bring back memories.....David Barber ( I worked with his wife Linda at QPH)...Brian Blinco was in my year too....I remember the Duckworth boys John and Jack(not related) I also remember Patrick Varley and Roy Wallace(they were considered 'bad boys' but were only up to mischief really).
I remember a lot of the Teachers. Mrs Ashcroft(music) Miss Atherton (art) Mrs Thompson (RE) Mrs Rawcliffe (Geography) Mrs Whittaker(PE) she was the wife of Jim Bowen...Mr Allen headmaster...and Scary Mr Suthers(maths) Mr Gale, Miss Croston....if I rattle the grey cells I am sure I could think of more
Mr Milton Suthers was an inspiration to any lad who was prepared to muck in and try his best to be the best under his tuition at any form of sport but woe betide you if you tried to pull a fast one on him.
As for Miss Croston, (probably straight out of teacher training school) and very attactive,also not much older than the 14/15 year old lads she was attempting to teach,who were full of testosterone; she had a hard time getting her male pupils to concentrate on their lessons shall we say.
As this is a family site I cannot express it any stronger.
Your's as always, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote