View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 21:44   #17
Jeg Red

Re: The Shrewsbury match thread.

Posting in my immediate post match emotion to help me get over this! Worked hard to get in front and so pleased for Bishop and Charles to get their goals. Felt we started to play with a swagger and then demonstrated poor judgement and naive game management as we should have killed the game. Hughes, McConville and Conneelly with their experience should have been talking the rest through winding the game down.

Then all of a sudden, a nothing ball into our box, awful goalkeeping and they’re back in it. Bishop had a golden chance to settle it and that was the turning point, although good substitutions from their manager. Also thought keeper was at fault for their second as appeared to get beaten easily at his near post - he’s never convinced me and was surprised when he re-appeared in pre season as thought we’d have been able to recruit a better option.

Not been too impressed with Maguire to date, albeit its early days, although thought he did ok tonight apart from the goal - the standard of his defending wasn’t even Sunday League - he got everything about it wrong, goalkeeper in no mans land and easy goal.

Such a poor last 15 mins from us with 3 points in our grasp.

The night just about summed up when Clark announced as MotM - the beer must be stronger in the sponsors lounge!

Last edited by Jeg Red; 20-08-2019 at 21:47.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote