View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 11:04   #33
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 5 v Fleetwood Town (away)

Reality Sinks In As Refugees Swarm Over Fence

Well I don't know - only the 4th game of the season and more votes for the opposition than for us . 13 deserters to the Cod Army and 7 stuck on the fence , with only 11 of us left keeping the faith . 3 of the faithless 13 correctly judged the shape of defeat and picked up maxis, moving up the table as a result - StanleyJosh to 2nd, Monkey Hanger to 4th= and Ossy Kid to 9th. Most of the rest got a single bonus point, including NigeB who therefore hangs onto his lead, now with 14 points against SJ's 12, and Accybeme who has the final podium place on 11.

5 representatives of Faithful and Drawmongers United also managed to pick up a bonus point. And it's encouraging that 31 of the 34 of you who have had a go this season played this week .

Apologies this is a bit late, but apart from having to pay attention to visiting relatives, neither our results to date or the shenanigans going on with Bury and Bolton have exactly filled me with enthusiasm for writing my weekly drivel. But I have managed to construct the first full table of the season, which is attached.

So - roll on the Plastic Dons. It is only our second home game, so can this be the turning point? I certainly hope so …..

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 190824 - 24 Aug 19.doc (79.0 KB, 12 views)