View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 14:07   #47
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Milton Keynes Dons Match Thread (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I could not agree more. How great to see a left winger getting to the byline and crossing the ball. We all know (and presumably every opposing manager and defender knows) that McConville will always cut inside to use his right foot. Given a little more time, I think that the forward line on show yesterday could prove quite a handful.
I agree on this point too........
The forward line looked more balanced with two definitely playing together up front, 'The Bishop and King Charles', and two wide players taking on full backs left and right, Clarke and Pritchard. So importantly getting to the goal line in order to pull the ball back to onrushing forwards.........Always been my favourite ploy!
Perhaps though, we could have subbed Charles in the last fifteen or twenty minutes as he was shattered having run himself into the ground.
These two are definitely building a good relationship up front. Bishop reminds of
Paul Fletcher at Burnley in the early seventies. Fletcher had the ability to jump high and then 'Hang' in the air to get his headers in!
I thought that Zaine Francis-Angol had a good steady game at left back. No histrionics, he was calm on the ball and played his part in much of the good play down the left, linking well with Pritchard and the midfield. Down the right Clarke was at his best and we had good link up play with Johnson often over lapping.
My only concern was that we still looked a bit susceptible to our opponents running swiftly at us from midfield into the centre of our defence. I was so nervous every time this occurred.

Finally, what a splendid playing surface we now have.....
Thanks Andy and well done Buzza! All those hours riding the mower up and down have certainly paid off

Last edited by choirboy; 01-09-2019 at 14:10.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote