View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 17:26   #3121
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I know...I know...I am boring...I am like a dog with a bone(a Jack russell in a previous existence)...I cannot put it down.

Operation Yellow hammer.
What an almighty fuss being created by the media...blowing it all out of proportion.
Telling us there are going to be food shortages, that there will be price rises for petrol, for energy, for the staples of daily life.
They are definite about these things.....because they like to catastrophise. To make mountains out of mole hills....to turn possibilities into definites.
Why do they do this.
It is a calculated ploy to scare the bejasus out of folks. Another round of project fear.

They have calmoured for the release of this document purely so that they can do this and they imply that the Government were hiding it...hiding the possibilities of what MIGHT happen.....read that word again...it says MIGHT...not will.
No-one really knows how the situation will pan out.
But supposing, just supposing we left the EU tomorrow(yes please) in a disorderly fashion.
How would people feel if the government had not looked at the possibilities of what could happen.

This is just government doing a risk assessment, so that they can plan for eventualities(and even then there may be some that catch us by surprise).
It is a bit like the planning that went into the Millenium Bug.
Do you remember that?
Where we were told of all kinds of scary scenarios.
Did any of those happen?
Was your life in anyway inconvenienced?

Well this is the same kind of planning exercise.....though I am sure that there will be some umps in the road....the money that will not be going into the EU every month could be used as a buffer agianst many of them.
1 billion quid a month is not to be sneezed at.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web