View Single Post
Old 18-10-2019, 14:06   #3259
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
The full implications of the Boris deal are unclear to me and to many others no doubt, but from what I’ve read we will still not be a free of the EU, in the event of MP’s forcing a second referendum, I can envisage that (leave and no-deal) would be absent from the ballot paper, otherwise the second referendum would be pointless as the vote would result in a small split majority, which wouldn’t solve anything

and that is just the way the political classes want to keep it...the less we know the less we can object to.

As for a second referendum...this is a denial of democracy.....the first one has not been acted upon...despite all the parties saying in their election manifesto that they would honour the will of the people...none of them have.

None of the parties know the meaning of honour or democracy...it is only democratic if it is in line with their wishes...so there is no point in another one.

However, if a second referendum were to happen, then the option to remain should not be in the options....it was already decided that we were leaving.
So it should be Leave with the TM/BJ WA or leave by default.

After Juncker saying that no further extension to article 50 would be allowed, Mrs Merkel has said that if this WA is voted down then there would have to be a delay in Brexit......which all makes this current WA stink more fishy than before.

The EU are scared witless of us leaving by default...they want our money and they want to have control of the strings.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-10-2019 at 14:13.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote