View Single Post
Old 21-10-2019, 15:53   #25
Lord Stiffupperlip

Re: Tractor Boys game

It's a funny old game football.
Last week we created numerous goal-scoring chances yet contrived to lose against a poor Rochdale side.
This week we outplay the league leaders & win comfortably, making them look very ordinary in the process.
Yes! Ipswich could have scored a couple of goals, but we could have added 2 or 3 more to our score.
Poor old Dimitar! He keeps a clean sheet against high-flying Ipswich & still comes in for stick from some on here.
I thought our defence to a man were outstanding. So too Conneelly & Finlay in midfield with some divine distribution in attack.
Despite Bishop's 2 goals winning him the 'm.o.m.' award, I thought Clark was simply superb, he ran the Ipswich defence ragged all day.
Overall, it was simply a disciplined team effort from front to back which won us the game.
My only disappointment was Zanzala. The guy is a ball of energy but has no finesse.
He spends so much time on his backside that some have accused him of being a diver, which I think is unfair. He's not a diver - he's just clumsy.
Give him the ball & he'll run straight into a defender instead of trying to run around him, invariably ending up on the deck.
Dion Charles is of a similar build but as strong as a tank. He can take on defenders & out muscle them.
He provided more threat in the last 15 minutes than Zanzala did in 75 & came close to scoring another absolute pile-driver which, had it gone in, would have made 'goal of the month'.
Until the return of King Billy, I think Prince Charles is a much better companion for the Bishop of Wham.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote