View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 19:10   #87
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And I notice that you dont mention the ' old ' faces who are currently underproducing .
The Wunderkind who looks totally disinterested for most of the time and just doesn't score or make telling crosses anymore. Our aging Centre Back who is now getting the runround every week, and of course our Captain who's preferred pass is still backwards or sideways putting Defenders and his fellow midfielder under unnecessary pressure, and unlike most other League 1 midfield players doesn't score goals or provide any threat in the opponents goalmouth !.
As I remarked earlier in my opinion the current squad is probably the worst that JC has had to work with, and sad to say do not improve as the weeks go by !.
But here I go again.. In a few years time I'll be a real old moaner !.
I was referring to the new players from the original comment made.
But seems you mention it,
The Wunderkind as you put it was our top scorer last season....
He’s also had our most shots and assists this season.
Not become a bad player overnight.
Our aging centre back who has guided/been a part of the training of young Sykes to become the player he is.
And our Captain who has probably been our best player for at least the last 5 games. Why on earth would you want a defensive midfielder that high up the pitch.
Think the question should be more why hasn’t Finley scored more.....

& on the subject of our club captain; who would you play instead of him.
Choices right now realistically are
LKS - poor positional play
Diallo - Injured
Pritchard - too weak (another reason shouldn’t be playing as a false 9)
Johnson - too weak , and why ruin the Johnson/Clicker combo even if it’s predictable
Barclay - a centre half naturally who we tried converting into a midfielder and now can’t get in the squad

So can someone please try and convince me we shouldn’t play our club captain?
(don’t even get me started on the whole ‘shouldn’t be captain debate either!!)

Anyone seen the highlights on YouTube and wonder where on Earth big Jerome was defensively and why he was virtually walking back to defend?