View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 10:21   #28
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 18 v Rotherham United (away)

Is This The Best Eleven?

I'm talking about the 11 people who were clever enough to forecast black defeat at the hands of the Millers, and who now all sit in the Top Twelve of the Prediction League table - the only loyalist still in there being AccyMad at 9th=, and even she hedged her bets and went for a draw …….

6 of the 11 were clever enough to guess we wouldn't score, but only Ossy Kid also thought we'd restrict them to a single goal. The resulting 5 points lifted him from 14th to 8th, evicting non-playing Smudgie from the elite in the process. Otherwise little change, with those at the top taking 3 or 4 points and the rest of us 0 or 1.

You'll perhaps guess from this report being late and brief that I'm not feeling particularly enthusiastic about football just now , but my O-60s hockey team's record this season is currently P4 W4 GF 23 GA2 - I've probably jinxed that now, but just thought I'd mention it

Whatever, it's roll on the Trotters for a first-ever league game - I'm guessing we'd rather have played them in the first few weeks of the season, when everyone else was scoring 5 against their youth team, but hey ho - things can only get better for us, as they have for them, but please can it be soon?

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 191116 - 16 Nov 19.doc (83.0 KB, 11 views)