View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 16:14   #32
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 27 v Southend Utd (home)

Accybeme Surges Forward With Renewed ……. Pessimism??

I'm well used to telling you lot off for cock-eyed optimism , but this week I was more astounded to discover that one of you was sad enough to believe we might lose at home to a team that have only one once all season . And rather more astounded to discover he was right .

So it's congratulations to Accybeme for his perception and for moving up from 6th to 5th at Accymad's expense. Apart from that, two mild pessimists forecast draws and each picked up a point - Taypot's 2-2 also saw him move up a place from 14th to 13th, overtaking Cashy, while AndyD's 1-1 did nothing for him position-wise, leaving him 31st and the strongest of our regular players (i.e. he's supporting the rest of us).

The rest of us got nowt . I'm not sure whether this is is any way related to me getting this week's starter for 10 right for the first time ever, but I won't do it again. Also, Kiwi, leave the "New Thread" button alone will ya? and Di, get up the Crown next time please ……

So, roll on a little light relief against the Class of 92 before hostilities recommence in earnest against the Brewers next Saturday. We quite often do better against teams who are going well - could do with one of those fairly soon methinks .

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 200118 -18 Jan 20.doc (85.0 KB, 5 views)