Thread: Salford
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2020, 07:28   #58
andyd
God Member

Re: Salford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
100% right my friend. However you can’t keep unearthing diamonds (I use the word carefully) and there will always come a time to invest.
Next season if we survive is going to be an even bigger job for Coley because I can’t see Clark Johnson or Sykes remaining for instance.
But hey you have fans who say que sera sera. Great whatever makes you happy. Nice pitch nice corporate facilities but reducing crowds and no investment in the team. Lost for words. Losing to Salford reserves was the icing on the cake.
I can remember 1 cold Tuesday night before the Holt era playing Hartlepool infront of just over 900 people including away fans ground dropping to bits toilets not fit for purpose team budget a lot less than now we were on the slide to oblivion and extinction without Mr., Holt's takeover and wise IMHO of money investment in both ground and playing budget we have gone from strength to strength. If we stay up this season great achievement if not we are far better financially to avoid a slip down to the National leagues and even worse oblivion, I know which approach financially I prefer.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote