View Single Post
Old 25-01-2020, 08:58   #17
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Substitutions and the Football Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
As we've lost more games than we've won, we all remember the former & not the latter.
All I know is that I see the top visiting teams make tactical substitutions in nearly every game.
Some of them have resulted in us losing the game when their sub scores the winner.
Do you remember the term ' impact player ' Lord S ?. It was said that every team used to have one on their Subs bench.. even Accrington Stanley !!.
Recently, when viewing the Subs at the Wham wandering up and down the touchline, to keep their body heat up and ligaments supple I suppose ?. One cannot envisage any of them having much of an impact upon, or affecting the play and ultimate result of the game being played.
Am I then the only one to hold the opinion that currently players in a Stanley squad chosen for a game either as first choice or substitution are all as equally poor as the rest and therefore making Substitutions at any point would make no difference whatsoever !. ( Unless of course an injury forces this decision on the Manager ! ).

Is the finger of fate moving and the writing appearing on the wall ?
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote