View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 20:00   #31
Jimmy Clitheroe

Re: Why I Don't Think I'll Ever be able to vote Labour Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Don’t you just love The Groaniad’s idea of facts and it’s arrogant belief in its own ‘divine’ right?

In the article linked in Jimmy’s post, following Starmer’s usual drivel and political cliches, it writes that:
But we will stay with you, delivering quality journalism so we can all make up our minds based on fact, not fiction.
More people, like you, are reading and supporting the Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before..

But the Press Gazette recently (August ‘19) reported that:
The Guardian recorded the smallest year-on-year circulation decline with a drop of five per cent to 130,484 copies.
The biggest year-on-year decline was reported by the Sunday People and Daily Star Sunday at 18 per cent.
The Sun remains the best-selling national newspaper with a circulation of 1.26m, only 100,000 copies above nearest rival the Daily Mail.

I know there’s online reading too now, but is it likely to be so vastly different from the printed version?

So having one tenth of the circulation of the most popular newspapers (not mine by the way) but losing readers more slowly is something for the Groaniad to congratulate itself about.
With the impending sacking of 450 jobs from BBC News the Groaniad’s circulation is only going in one direction.
Keir Starmer calls on government to give EU citizens voting rights

It was more that point I was trying to emphasise. He wants EU citizens to have MORE rights than us. A vote in their home country AND a vote here.
They REALLY, REALLY have lost it with ordinary folk.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web