Old 15-02-2020, 09:36   #29
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Fight For Survival 2019-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Belief

something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion
Dav. Thank-you so much for explaining the meaning of”Belief”.
You must think that I do not know the meaning of the word and that I cannot use a dictionary!

In your post on 11-02-2020 you said; Quote, “Stanley have survived“.

What I was trying to point out in my response is that to use those words means that the event has already happened.
You were using the past tense!
Stanley will have SURVIVED when it has become an event based on facts that has become historical and cannot be changed or reversed.
This will become a fact only when Stanley CANNOT be caught mathematically by three clubs in our league. Another poster has pointed this out too.

For your information I do have total FAITH in our management team and our current squad of players. I also do BELIEVE that we will survive in League One by the end of this season.
At this moment though STANLEY HAVE NOT SURVIVED.....yet! That is a fact!

Your Dictionary quote actually supports what I say;
1) “Something one accepts as true or real”...... Not true, Stanley have not survived yet. Not real. ie. It has not happened yet!
2) “A firmly held opinion”........ It is an expression of what a person hopes or expects WILL happen in the future. The event could still fail to become reality.

I say again ....Please do not doubt my BELIEF or my FAITH.

I still await an apology from you but I doubt very much that you have the humility to offer one!
The one crumb of comfort I take from this discussion is that .....
WE ARE BOTH ON THE SAME SIDE......that of
ACCRINGTON STANLEY FC

BELIEVE...KEEP THE FAITH....
Words that I have used in closing virtually all of my posts and replies over the years on this forum.

ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 15-02-2020 at 09:40.