View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 20:44   #35
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League Game 32; v Colonia Domitiana Lindensium (home)

Headline Wrecked By Co-Conspirator

It would have been a first ….. but Div3North went and blew it with his daft prediction that Stanley would win scoring 4, thereby picking up the only bonus point of the day . And, without actually checking the 490 games which I’ve scored , I’m pretty sure no bonus points has never ever happened. And headline writers do like firsts ….. ah well, never mind!

What this means is that if you went for a win and you’re not D3N, you got 3 points . If you didn’t, you got zip. Which in turn means that as D3N was a few points shy of his next ahead, the only changes in the table resulted from slippages of those who didn’t go for a win . Namely Accybeme, who nonetheless hung on in 5th, Kiwi John, down from 11th to 15th, Stanley Josh (14th to 17th), Taypot (17th to 18th) and Pifco (remains 34th=, as no-one below him had a go this time). These descents let Mab, Accytom18 and myself each move up a couple of places in mid-table . And within the elite, Valairian stays on top of the heap, a point ahead of Monkey Hanger.

Grateful thanks to Josh for sacrificing himself to the Voodoo Gods. And roll on Rotherham, who dropped points at home to the Wombles today , so in common decency should drop points away to us next Saturday . 4 on the trot – why not? Dav007 says ‘stranger things have happened’

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 200215 - 15 Feb 20.doc (85.0 KB, 11 views)