Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 09:48   #295
taddy

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There are only certain masks that will give adequate protection.(they need to conform to the contours of your face)
Once a mask gets moist from exhaled breath it becomes permeable to bacteria and viruses and care needs to be taken when removing masks and disposing of them.

But it is whatever the individual feels is right for them. I have absolutely no objections to people wearing a mask for their protection.
We are taking supplemental vitamin C and D....it is what we take every winter.
We usually stop taking these the weekend the clocks go forward, but this year we have continued.

I have also been gargling with listerine night and morning...it is only a precaution....and there is nothing to say it is effective.
At the first sign of a cold, a tickle in the nose or throat, I always gargle with T.C.P. one tea spoon to five tea spoons of water; my G.P. prescribes antibiotics and steroids for emergency use as I have suffered from C.O.P.D. for more than thirty years; in the last three years since using T.C.P. at the start of a cough or cold I have not had to take the emergency medication.
As a bonus it also works (neat), on ferret bites !
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote