View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 02:25   #48
dotti34

Re: when all this is over....

I go along with both Margaret and Less on the subject of the older generation. There are those who enjoy life to the fullest whatever age – and are interesting and good fun, as was Margaret’s dear mum and the people they met on their travels - like attracts like. However, I do agree there ARE those who are nothing but grumps and best avoided. These are the ones who complain about everyone and everything. Can't see the fun side of anything. Definitely not good company. Same old, same old, and very boring.

These are the ones who you NEVER say ‘and how are you today?’ because they’ll tell you – like you really wanted to know. They’ll also tell you how they were last week, how they are today, and how they will be next week. Heaven forbid you mention medications….and as for aches and pains…..

But don’t judge everyone by their cover, Less – for instance my outer shell might make me look like an old chook (my enemy, the mirror, tells me this is definitely so) but in my mind and heart I’m still a (very broad-minded) spring chicken. I’d love an invitation to join in with your company of mixed ages for an evening enjoying the odd drink or three with good conversation and lots of laughs thrown in - would even shout you a few beers, but unfortunately 12,000 miles is too far to come even for a good night out.

Remember though, one day you will be old – just don’t be an old grump, boring…..
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote