Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2020, 14:43   #382
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

Less, you know me...I tell it like it is....if others find this unpalatable, then that is their problem....I am speaking from the perspective of having been there.

As for the PPE......this is something that should have been sorted.
Nurses and doctors should not be expected to work without effective personal protection.
What I want to know is....where did the thousands of long sleeved cotton (washable)barrier gowns go....these gowns were used every time you made beds. Or did baths or washed patients...they were to,protect your uniform from contamination.
They were also used in barrier nursing patients.
These days nurses don plastic aprons to make beds or deal with hygiene and care needs, but these cover no more than 50 per cent of the uniform.
Plastic, to add to the disposed of plastic that we are encouraged to stop using.

The cotton barrier gowns were sent to the laundry each day, washed at high temperature and returned for further use.....so these would have been very effective in the current situation and not add to the disposal problems.

This is not rocket science.....and I am not a genius.....but these are relevant questions.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-04-2020 at 14:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote