Old 10-05-2020, 18:55   #425
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The people who are being cautioned on their flouting of lockdown are an easy target...and there are those who will applaud the police as doing a grand job.
A grand job by the police would be the control of the capital city street gangs who consider it a cultural/tribal honour to stab someone.
They would be doing a grand job if they were more successful in controlling the county lines drug offences.
They would be doing a grand job if they were not so politically squeamish in tackling the use of white girls for sexual trafficking....but all those things are far harder than tackling people who want to break the monotony of six weeks(questionable validity) lockdown.

Now if all this sounds a bit petulant...it is because it is.
I have abided by the lockdown but in a very begrudging way....because I do not take lightly having six weeks of my life stolen from me.

Now go on....tell me that my life could have been permanently stolen by the virus if I had gone out and about.
Yes. That is true, but it would have been my risk to take....and the last time I looked at my birth certificate I was over 21....so adult enough (and capable) of making my own risk assessment without the aid of the boys in blue.
petulance does yeh no good Margaret its ok saying it would be your risk to take, but i doubt very much if you were unfortunate enough to get it, that you would ever forgive yourself if you passed it on to others?