Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 10:52   #433
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Maybe he was selfish(in the sense that had anything gone amiss he would have been relying on the emergency services to rescue him).....but he was actually doing no one any harm.
He wasn't even breaking any laws.
The police could have ignored him.
The fact that the police can be provoked into a reaction does not build any kind of confidence in their ability to be balanced.

What is wrong with driving to a lonely spot for a spot of your favoured activity?
As long as you go alone in your cocoon of a vehicle(not spreading virus)
In the open air.....from a 100 feet up, he is creating no problems at all.
Margaret, I disagree with none of the above when taken in the context of normality, however these are not normal times therefore paragliding cannot be considered a reasonable activity along with many, many other activities that the majority of us are foresaking.

There is a time and a place for us all to follow our own forms of normality, in the middle of a lock down we all have to go that little bit further to ensure that our actions cannot be misconstrued by those put in a place of power that they aren't capable of interpreting correctly.

The sooner I can go paragliding without facing the wrath of the small minded the better I'll like it.*

* Mind you, I think when freedom of choice is once more returned to us, I think I'll keep my feet firmly on the ground and turn my daily excercise towards the door of my local pub.

Last edited by Less; 11-05-2020 at 10:54.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote