Thread: Coronovirus
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 19:42   #443
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Coronovirus

Personally, the club chairmen who want the season finished are living in cloud cuckoo land. Peterborough, Ipswich, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Oxford Utd and Portsmouth are the teams wanting to play out the season. Please note, the majority of these teams are just in or even outside the play off places. And to cap it all, the Peterborough chairman states "those teams who do not want to play should forfeit the game" Complete and utter joke. I can understand that missing out on promotion and the play offs might be upsetting for some, however, the safety of all players MUST come first. This scheme could quite easily lead to a 2nd wave of Covid-19 and I for one don't want that to happen. So basically 6 chairpersons out of 23 want to restart football and all the complexities. In my book, the majority rules and being that the majority is nearly 3 times the number, I say do like League 2 teams have done and sort out the issues afterwards

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote