Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 16:55   #451
taddy

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, what I meant by that comment was.....who would go out in one of those blue dresses?
I was actually very proud to wear my uniform...it was the badge of who I was......and considering I had left school with nothing.....it just showed that by working hard, putting the effort in....that anything was possible.
I did well in my career, I got a City and Guilds teaching qualification an NVQ level 4, an assessor and examiner qualification....and this was someone the education system turned out to be factory fodder.

Oh....and I remember Sister Hayes.
When I was a student...and very green, she told me that I had 'a lot of oil in my lamp'.....
Her way of saying I would go far.....and she was right.
I owed it to the people who spent time and trouble to teach me.

Hope that clarifies it Taddy.
Thank you Marge, I was not trying to get at you for your comment,I can understand what you were saying about the nurses uniforms in the sixties and seventies but as a male, the uniforms of the nurses at the time were, shall we say more than useful to get a mans pecker up. Yes this is a very sexist comment but ask any man who was in hospital in that era and I have no doubt, (if they were honest), that they would say exactly the same.

Your's the honestly, The luddite
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web