Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 10:35   #465
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, the restrictions in place were advisory...not enshrined in law.
The only people who werelegally obliged to comply with directions were those who had businesses or shops or hospitality...they were legally banned from trading.
Everything else was just advice....and whatever you think of Dominic cummings(and I sit on the fence on this one) he did not break any laws...he had justification for his actions...unlike Neil Ferguson Or the Scottish health minister whose name evades me.
Other politicians have also flouted the restrictions, but yet they are not being treated in the same way as DC(and yes, I get that these others were not the ones telling us to stay home).....the knives are out for him mainly because he is unpopular not because of this current issue.
I understand all of the above, I also agree that the knives are out, however there is responsibility, to encourage responsibility the police issued fines for petty crimes against the lock down, the majority of us didn't give them any trouble because we understood we were in it all together.

It is rather obvious that someone that advised on the lock down conditions should consider his/her responsibility far more than we plebs, they should lead by example (or not get caught) once they prove to be incapable of following their own advice they should do the honourable thing and fall on their virtual sword thus removing the Prime Minister from this awkward situation.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote