Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 12:37   #514
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

When my Ma was alive I twisted her arm to have a mobile phone.(her electric went off a few times which meant her dect phone did not work.)
It had a vodafone sim in it and I put £20 for her...she did not use this phone....she hated it could not hack it even though it was a 'Doro'...sold for oldies..big buttons simple to use.
because she did not use in in a six month period the money went to greedy vodafone.
I went into the shop and complained and they said that this was the only pay as you go sim that they sold.....I did manage to get £10 clawed back when I explained to the manager that this was for a 88year old lady for emergencies....it seems that a number of years ago you could buy a sim which had different terms and conditions...they could not steal the money...but now you have to make a call or the money is gone and your sim is deemed dormant.
Laughing all the way to the bank.

I will have a smart phone when it does the laundry,puts it on the line and brings it in if it starts raining....if it could iron it and put it away then that would be a huge bonus
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote