View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 23:00   #8
skuta

Re: Sour Grapes...get over it Graham

I don't even know this man or the issues as I'm new to the area.

This man fails to mention during his long tenure an important provision in the Local Government Act 1972. This important public information enacted by Law also does not appear anywhere as it should on the Hyndburn Council Website to serve as Public Notice of the current Section 151 Officer Local Government Act 1972 that looks after Council financial affairs including how YOUR Council Tax is spent.

In this legislation there's also a section that gives the Public the right to examine Council records (Section 100D Local Government Act 1972)

Like many Local Councils in the UK, the Council and Parliamentary Representative keep's very quiet about these Rights you have and doesn't let anyone know anything about them. Don't feel like a fool for not knowing, it's not your fault. You were never meant to know.

After 3 or so enquiries that went completely ignored by the Council who claims to respond within 24 hrs (business days). I filed a Freedom Of Information request order per F.O.I.A. 2000 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents

By Law, they have a statutory period of 20 days to respond. They milked the COVID-19 excuse to death by claiming they were unable to respond in a Legal timely manner because....?

Anyway, after starting my enquiries on 23/3/2020 and my last 5/5/2020 I filed a request on 11/5/2020 to which they acknowledged with excuses on 13/5/2020. They finally responded on 16/6/2020 with the Public Information I requested after being "considered".

After a drawn out fight, here's the information you all should know/have:

The Councils Section 151 Officer is:

Joe McIntyre
Deputy Chief Executive
Council Offices
Scaitcliffe House
Ormerod Street
Accrington

Tel. 01254 388111

No Post Code given, should be an easy find, and I'll bet the phone number given isn't their direct line. They keep fighting and resisting.

Before they responded I endured a Council Tax investigation and 2 "fire brigade" ladies who showed me no I.D. claiming to be sent by the Council to "see if I'm alright" and then attempted to gather my personal information. I refused of course. Coincidence?

Interestingly the Section 151 is customarily a Chartered Institute Of Public Finance Accountants member. Perhaps the Council doesn't have such a person or the job is covered in the Duties of Deputy Chief Executive? Maybe they're trying to hide something? Who knows?
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote