Thread: Next season??
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 17:04   #274
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Next season??

I have it from a very good contact that the start date they are working to for Leagues 1 and 2 will be Sept 12 and clubs will be allowed a capacity that is the most they can fit in adhering to the 1-metre social distancing measures but also taking into account ingress and egress arrangements at most grounds that will be somewhere between 33 and 50% of their actual capacities. All those present will need to be season ticket holders so as the club/authorities have the name/address/seat number/standing position of everyone attending.

Each club will play 2 home games under those conditions and then [ provided nothing has gone wrong ] will be allowed an increase ranging at some clubs say another 20% but others an increase up to 100% two examples would be one where it would probably be a stepped increase is Blackpool which is an enclosed stadium with very constrained concourses compared to say Carlisle where an average attendance wouldn't fill 25% of the ground and where ingress and egress are good [ although it atrocious in the main stand and I could see that having very tight limits put on it]

As far as that goes I could see it being ok for Accy as both stands empty without the use of enclosed concourses and even at 33% the standing areas would give a capacity even at the first stage in excess of last year's season ticket totals.

As no away fans will be allowed initially I believe the plan is to make each club's first six fixtures against the most distant teams who would have brought the fewest fans thereby reducing the amounts that would be lost by having nil away fans.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote