Thread: Next season??
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 03:19   #281
NORTHERNSOUL

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Accrington,s average attendance last season was 2862 away fan average in league 1 was 800 approximately that leaves 2000 roughly, Stanley have I believe around 1000 season ticket holders someone correct me if I,m wrong.Wether that when sales commence increase is anyone,s guess but on your figures wouldn't appear a problem for Stanley wether it's enough income is questionable.
Well that's the million-dollar question isn't it but the way they're looking at it is if you play your two games that would have attracted the lowest attendances anyway first the loss on those games is the least it can be and will be mitigated by selling the I player packages [ with the blackout period remaining suspended ] which if they follow how they're doing it now in the championship the model appears to give the home club a bigger cut than before and modeling has shown that players should in effect be able to remain 50% furloughed right up until the scheme ends if they play ball with the clubs.

If clubs then put season tickets on sale a club selling 2k at an average of £200 would bring in 400k which will do wonders for their cashflow.

Then get through your first couple of games and move on to stage two where Accy could well be given a capacity in excess of the season ticket holder numbers and may well then be able to sell individual match tickets online to ensure that they have the name and address of everyone attending.

The DCMS have realised that if they put unreasonable obstacles in the way of a restart and more clubs start to go bust they will have a very large, powerful and vociferous lobby attacking them and may then have to allow a less managed restart but I believe nothing will happen for a couple of weeks while they assess the impact that the likes of opening the pubs has on the figures.

The date they are looking at for returning to normal [ not sure whether that means away fans present or not] is Nov 1st or after each club has played 8 games 4 home 4 away.

This comes from a company who are already involved with about 15 or 20 FL clubs and who did some modeling on the restart and offered their services to the FL and i believe it was mentioned briefly at a meeting this week.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote