View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 00:26   #11
Henry Morton
I am Banned

Re: Player of the Month

Life is competitive, and nowhere in life is there more fierce competition than on the football field.

However, it's a false assumption that anyone who isn't a "winner" must therefore be a loser.

The several names which have been mentioned earlier in this thread are those of former Accrington Stanley players who have - in their various ways - devoted time, energy, enthusiasm and loyalty to the Club.

For some , things didn't quite work out as they might have hoped. That's a shame for them, for the Club and for us - the supporters who invested quite a bit of emotion into them and their careers. But that's life.

Over the last few years, these fine young men have moved on to other clubs where they've gained experience, entertained thousands more, made new friends and - frequently - come back to have a drink and a laugh with us.

The word "reject" doesn't apply to any of these high-quality athletes as far as I'm concerned. They're all great competitors who have , in a short lifetime , achieved more than most of us could ever dream of.

I'm proud of them all.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote