View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 20:27   #10
pompeylass

Re: Should of Mutton Hotel

It seems I've made a mistake!

I've just been talking to my old singing partner, Alan, and he said the two hippy types who lived next door to the pub were not called Walker at all, but he couldn't remember their surnames, he only knew them as Harry & Mina (short for Wilhelmina).

Alan thinks I've got them mixed up with a couple called Walker who we knew from Blackpool Street (Between the Palladium Bingo and the Train Station) who were in our group of fans.

This Harry & Mina stuck in my memory, it seems, because they were involved in the writing of one of the tracks on our LP, called 'Time' and partly involved in the title of the LP too, namely “Time for The Bards” .

While we were all in the pub, Harry started up a conversation about how Alan went about writing his songs (of which he was, and still is
prolific at, to this day).

Alan said “ You give me a a subject and I'll come up with a song about it”

Just at that moment Les, the Landlord shouted “Time please”! “ There you are!” said Harry. “Come up with a song about that, 'Time', Harry exclaimed.

Alan duly did, with input from me, and we give it a try out on the following Sunday. Harry thought it was amazing, and everyone said how great it was that it ended up appearing on our one and only LP, which is now documented in the website 'Discogs” as well as appearing on 'YouTube' too, along with a few other tracks.

It's really amazing because that LP's production was only 200 demo copies in 1971 and copies have turned up in Norway, Italy and the USA. We could say that we've finally become International Singing Stars, but it's been 50 years coming.
pompeylass is offline   Reply With Quote