Thread: Next season??
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 07:43   #534
monkey hanger
God Member

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
So you really think that paying the wages they do now is sustainable ?

As i.ve said already i.m all for rewarding talent but people have to realise that the only way to do that is to reduce the wages cost of the average journeyman player.
just looking at league 1 and 2 which is basically what i am interested in. if the virus had not popped up i doubt we would be talking about the situation anyway. the wages paid to a player is only what a club is prepared to pay anyway. its a vicious circle for any club. sign decent players for what fans crave for nowadays, success. if this does not happen then gates at all clubs slip down by quite a high percentage.imagine a club like sunderland could have up to 10,000 variation depending how the team is doing. even at stanley it could be 500 and at 20 pound per person thats 10,000 per match less VAT the club has not got. then there is the much maligned so called journeyman player. these players deserve a fair crack of the whip as most teams squads have many of these players which keep clubs going. think bad management and panic player buying can be blamed for clubs getting into the financial mire rather than the actual wages being paid.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote