View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 12:29   #43
pompeylass

Re: Reading; Books, Kindle and Audio books.

Thanks Margaret.

I've started a new book - 'Good Samaritans' by Will Carver. I chose that one, from my wish list in FF, in kindle format because it was cheap.

Your list of good reads is interesting - especially 'The Carer'. That one's going into my wish list.

'The Corset', an historical mystery by Laura Purcell sounds interesting. I like dark stuff.

Talking of dark stuff, if you want to get into audio books, start with 'The Wasp Factory' by Iain Banks, and read by Peter Kenny. He's a great narrator, and he had me in stitches when he reads the telephone calls in the story.

The book about Gawthorpe Hall reminds me of the biography of Daphne du Maurier and Manderlay. I'll look into that one.

I read, many years ago, the Harrison-Ainsworth original book on The Pendle Witches, but I never finished it; too hard going, with it not being the modernized version.

Have you ever read 'Forever Amber' by Kathleen Winsor.

I absolutely love this book and have read it over and over about 6 times. It's a historical romance. It's never been produced in audio, but there's a kindle version, though rather expensive, but it's quite easy to find on ebay, in paperback and hardback editions.

Last edited by pompeylass; 15-08-2020 at 12:32.
pompeylass is offline   Reply With Quote