View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 18:24   #34
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Does it worry you....?

No Taddy, definitely not a dig at you.
We have in our street several old folk(over 80)...none of them have smartphones....a couple of them do not have mobiles at all a couple of them have old phones ...no internet capacity.
I have sorted things out for them on my internet(reported faults on their boilers, on their land lines, things like that).
There are a couple of oldies who have needed to get exemption from masks lanyards, but have not been able to do it for themselves...so I have done that for them.

When Jim(my next door neighbour) was alive he was astonished at what I could do on my iPad(we facetimed his grand-daughter when she was working in Spain and he could not believe that he could see her and speak to her).....but to do this for himself it was beyond him.

Technology has its benefits, but it also has its dangers and its downsides, and these older folk have really been left behind.
Banks, utility companies, things we all need to have access to do not really take this into consideration and every new technological development leaves these people further behind and out of the picture.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote