View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:48   #44
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Does it worry you....?

I wonder, is this how it was way back in prehistory when the barter system was first replaced by money?

All the old folk full of distrust for this new fangled system and refusing to have anything to do with it.

Nancy (who has grown to the grand old age of 39 very old for those disease ridden days) starts the conversation,

'well I'm having nowt to do with it, these coin things introduced by them banker chappies I just can't trust a man what uses parchment instead of a traditional dock leaf to wipe his ring clean, t'ain't natural how can we smell them getting close? nope twill be the day hell freezes over before I use pounds shilling and pence'.

George pulls his ricket ravaged body of 43 to it's full height of four foot eleven (a giant of a man by any of the days standards), 'well o'course you all know me never too old to try something new but by lucifer I went into the coaching inn not more n' a year ago and that serving wench asked if i would be paying with cash?'.

'Cash? CASH? Says I, I turns to this handmaid and says Well lass if I can't buy my mead with a bushel o' corn and three eggs like my father afore me I'll start drinking from the village pond and catch the disease what killed the other thirteen members of this thriving City.

Basically, change isn't always bad, how we adapt to it though, can be.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote