Thread: 2020/21 Squad
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 10:09   #299
andyd
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In all honesty 28, I really can't see that happening. The govt. can't get its' act together as it is concerning support for "essential" business & commerce as it stands, so a rich sport like football will be way, way, down on their list of priorities if at all.

As to the EPL, they've shown time & time again how inconsistent & incompatible they are in their crisis & general management "skills". They have their priorities it seems & those tend to be towards things that make them money & line their pockets, the lower leagues & grassroots don't tick those boxes unfortunately, so I think you may be being over optimistic in your hopes & views.
Your spot on and as football as shown through this crisis it is totally inept at anything harmonious, greed and ego,s at the top care very little about the pryamid despite thier so called view that they need the pryamid. Football at the lower level was led to believe as part of project restart as there would be a substantial amount of money on the table and fans would be eased back in. Hindsight is easy but to me they should never have agreed to start without the money upfront, as in all walks of life to late after the horse has bolted now negotiating through desperation at some clubs and with their collective backs to the wall.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote