View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:19   #1228
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Corona Virus

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1246310]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well Margaret, the pub for a drink or a meal is out the window now - not that it's going to make an iota of difference when schools, colleges & universities are to stay open. It's no coincidence that the number of cases started to rise when they went back

you would have thought at the outset that students would have been forced to take a course at a university close to their home. its not as if the country is not short of universities nowadays. it would stop all the students being gathered together 24 hours a day. if you live in bradford go to bradford university if the course of your choice is there not sothampton and someone from there passing you up the motorway in the opposite direction doing the same thing. if learning is someones priority and not the social life at university which i,m afraid is a lot of thems priority then surely it would make sense.

Monkey hanger, it is not quite as simple as that.
I think it is more about the reputation of some universities.
Some universities have better reputations and look better on a CV.
Also the courses that the universities provide are not the same.
My daughter wanted to do Radiology, but the only place that could be called local is Lancaster, because she had two small children when she was doing her degree, it was not possible for her to go to Lancaster every day on public transport....so she had to look at what the university of Central Lancashire provided and did an alternative health related degree.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote