View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 20:15   #48
StanleyJosh
Full Member+

Re: Crewe away match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
My opinion is tonight a combination of playing 2 games a week injuries to key players having obvious tired legs in there , but put the game tonight into perspective, a mistake in defence and a rare error led to their first goal, unfortunately down to 10 men and then Bishop should really have equalised. The problem some participants on this forum have though and we all have our favourite players some just don't like any criticism of their particular one.I,m Stanley red through and through and am naturally disappointed by tonight,s result. The midfield first half particularly just didn't look right, Conneelly tired not his fault he is a first name on team sheet and captain, Phillips doesn't cut the mustard, McConville first game back and it showed, Butcher guilty of being caught in possession. Positives as I always try to see some Morgan impressed fresh legs should get a start, could and should have scored Baxter recovered from his error to pull of 2 certain goals saves. We could do with a break but won't get one will be an interesting team selection Saturday and a result will keep us up there.
Sensible post. Conneely struggled with Phillips getting dragged wide one way and butcher the other. Hasn’t got the pace so tends to sit deep but the triangle Crewe played around him was just too easy! (Favourite player - yes. However, I actually find it easier to criticise players I like more as expect high things from them!)
Agree about Morgan. Different game if Phillips scores early doors and Colby levels at 1-1. Surprised McConville is playing central. Thought Dion worked his socks off tracking back.
Russell has been poor. Bench looked week. No sign of Mansell which is strange unless injured.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote