Thread: Nuisance Calls
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2021, 23:29   #16
dotti34

Re: Nuisance Calls

Last week, in the space of 24 hours, I received three calls telling me that I had bought goods to the value of $345 from Amazon that I needed to pay for (I have? - I don’t think so), then later on that $600 plus was needed to be paid to some firm I had never heard of to pay for goods I had supposedly purchased – and then apparently (I must have been going shopping crazy) I had bought from another on-line business whose name escapes me. What annoyed me was that these calls were automated so the scammers didn’t even have the courtesy of using real people and I couldn’t use my ‘nice’ technique on them – so I just said ‘****** off’ and hung up.

Thankfully I still have at least a few of my faculties left (though some people might question this) but what about the people who maybe aren’t quite as bright as they once were, or have been caught at a very vulnerable time. Scanners are rotten scumbags.

My phone is registered as a ’do not call’ number regarding nuisance calls but this is a waste of time as apparently it doesn’t work with overseas calls.

Still it was better than the phone message a friend got the other day – advising her as to which number to ring to avoid being arrested

Last edited by dotti34; 28-02-2021 at 23:31.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web