View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:55   #73
monkey hanger
God Member

Re: Ipswich home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Maybe we have got a major discipline problem with too much back chat to refs. Coley admits he has told the players that only the captain should be speaking to the referee and assistant referee's. But I saw at least 6 occassions in this game where....Hughes, McConville, Nottingham and Smyth were gobbing off at the referee during the game......all players upset with decisions I'm sure...but they couldn't keep quiet. We all know referee's very rarely change their minds once a decision has been made....so why continue...Maybe we have got a poor reputation in refereeing circles......they no doubt all talk amongst themselves.....?
doubt stanley are any worse than others. its just human nature to say stuff when you feel something has gone against you. if talking back was deemed detrimental to the side gillingham should be propping up the league with evans and his gobby mate giving officials real grief. imagine when officials see they have a gillingham game it could be looked at as an added reason to get things spot on to keep em quiet. think the changing rooms may have em having this down on stanley more than the players. from a personal point of view i have always started a game with a better impression of a side with good facilities than one where it is under par. thats not saying i,m biased but you never know at the end of the day that subcontiously you are.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote