View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 17:06   #30
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2020/21 Prediction League; Game 34 v Swindon Town (home)

This Time, Cock-Eyed Optimism Takes The Day

After Tuesday's game I used "cock-eyed optimism" to describe 18 out of 25 expecting a win against Ipswich. Could we do better against Swindon? Of course we could , 21 out of 25 this time ...... OK, Swindon are down in the relegation dogfight, but when did that mean anything?

Amazingly, the majority were right for once , so at least 3 points for every one except pointless and flightless Kiwi John, employing reverse psychology and taking one for the team , and drawmongers StanleyJosh, AndyD and LongLostSon who got a point each, one way or another.

7 maxis amongst the 21, but with 12 others getting 4 points , positional gains were quite limited. Roll of honour then: Watchdog staying 6th, Mab up from 8th to 7th, MikeA (12th - 11th), Leylandii (13th= - 12th), Monkey Hanger 19th - 14th), NigeB (21st - 18th) and AngeB (23rd - 21st).

Outback Ozzy had to settle for the bare 3 points, but StanleyJosh just taking 1 increases Outback's lead at the top to 7 points , while me picking up 4 allows me to hang on in 3rd , now just 1 behind Josh.

Off on our travels next week, then, and I'll continue to refrain from saying anything about what might happen, seeing as how it worked today ...... .

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 210306 - 6 Mar 21.doc (79.0 KB, 11 views)