View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 20:46   #49
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Swindon home thread

I have to agree with earlier comments about it not being a pretty game today.
The most important thing today was getting three points which our boys achieved.
The match was more like a game of badminton with constant high ‘ping pong’ headers to and fro with neither team able to consistently get the ball down and keep possession and build any real momentum.

I don’t believe that there are issues with ‘tiredness’ as some have suggested. The players are professionals, coached and cared for by professionals. However, there does seem to be an issue with a number of players carrying injuries along with those injured and clearly out of contention!
The next few matches are crucial to finishing in a play off place by the end of the season. It is a big ask for our team but not impossible.
I think it is about objectives now;
1) Avoid relegation.....looking likely.
2) Finish in the top half.......definitely possible.
3) Achieve a play off position......possible but needs a little good run of results.
4) Promotion via the play offs with a win at Wembley..... not an impossible dream but something for the players to aim for.
5) For our wonderful supporters, a play off final at Wembley so that we can actually see some of this seasons squad play ‘in the flesh’!

ON STANLEY ON
BELIEVE!

Last edited by choirboy; 06-03-2021 at 20:49.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote