View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 07:31   #53
andyd
God Member

Re: Swindon home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I have to agree with earlier comments about it not being a pretty game today.
The most important thing today was getting three points which our boys achieved.
The match was more like a game of badminton with constant high ‘ping pong’ headers to and fro with neither team able to consistently get the ball down and keep possession and build any real momentum.

I don’t believe that there are issues with ‘tiredness’ as some have suggested. The players are professionals, coached and cared for by professionals. However, there does seem to be an issue with a number of players carrying injuries along with those injured and clearly out of contention!
The next few matches are crucial to finishing in a play off place by the end of the season. It is a big ask for our team but not impossible.
I think it is about objectives now;
1) Avoid relegation.....looking likely.
2) Finish in the top half.......definitely possible.
3) Achieve a play off position......possible but needs a little good run of results.
4) Promotion via the play offs with a win at Wembley..... not an impossible dream but something for the players to aim for.
5) For our wonderful supporters, a play off final at Wembley so that we can actually see some of this seasons squad play ‘in the flesh’!

ON STANLEY ON
BELIEVE!
Good post but just to pick up on " tiredness " if as you say some players look to be carrying injuries that means they aren't 100% so in some viewers eyes this can be looked upon or appears as tiredness, I think that with all the injured I think Dan Jewell mentioned 7 potential first 11 unavailable yesterday players are being asked to or wanting as in Smyth's case to carry on, fully fit available squad we could finish easily in top 6 just a case of battling on now.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote