View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 14:26   #59
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Swindon home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Good post but just to pick up on " tiredness " if as you say some players look to be carrying injuries that means they aren't 100% so in some viewers eyes this can be looked upon or appears as tiredness, I think that with all the injured I think Dan Jewell mentioned 7 potential first 11 unavailable yesterday players are being asked to or wanting as in Smyth's case to carry on, fully fit available squad we could finish easily in top 6 just a case of battling on now.
Andyd, your response seems to acknowledge the difference between ‘tiredness’ and ‘carrying an injury when considering reasons for not being 100% fit to play. It doesn’t matter how other viewers see it.....there is still a difference between ‘tiredness’ and ‘carrying an injury’.
I believe that our players are well trained and 100% fit unless they are ....‘carrying an injury’. I would think that the physical training for Stanley at the moment will mostly be based on rest and recovery. They will probably be spending more time working on team matters such as playing formations and set pieces than running themselves hard as they would in pre season training. IMHO, two matches a week is not an excessive load for well trained professionals. It only becomes a problem for individual players if they start to carry an injury.
Tiredness and carrying an injury are totally different!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote