View Single Post
Old 16-03-2021, 15:29   #32
taddy

Re: been told I need a new computer

[QUOTE=gpick24;1251660]Seems a bit expensive Taddy, Google Earth is free nowadays and depending on what version of office you have you might be able to take your licence to a new computer, if not there are free alternatives to office anyway

Thanks for that gpick, when I got this computer, (at the turn of the 21st Century), or it seems that long ago; The lad who installed it for me used an external hard drive to remove the software on my old woodburning computer and then transfered it to my new coal fired one. I presume that is what you refer to when you say that I may be able to take the licence to the new computer.
However when I mentioned this to my 52 year old ex army youngster all I got was some (good natured) abuse about my being known as the "Lancashire Luddite), followed by the title, Tight person,or words to that effect.
However I have decided that the more I spend on a new computer, the less I will have to carry on pursuing my other (chief) passion of Hobgoblin tasting.
All said in the best possible taste, Yours, the self confessed, Lancashire Luddite.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote